The Hotel Goldene Rose in Welsberg is the ideal starting point for your individual hike.
Leave your car behind and take extended walks from the centre of the village or use the free mobility card for rail and bus to get to the starting point of your chosen hike.
What's free in our Hotel
- Hiking map with 30 selected routes ranging from easy to demanding trip suggestions
- Guestpass Gsieser valley / Welsberg / Taisten (our alpine school offers guided hikes and courses in rock climbing at competitive prices)
- Guestpass (free bus and train ticket in all South Tyrol)
- Our personal hiking tip
Welcome to the Puster valley with all its side valleys
- The Gsieser valley offers pleasurable walks in alpine pastures
- The Pragser valley is famous for its emerald green wild lake and its high plateau "Plätzwiese"
- The Antholzer valley is renowned for its radiant green Antholzer See in the Rieserferner Mountain range
- The Sextner valley, the valley of the Drei Zinnen, is embedded in spectacular Dolomite peaks, ideal for hiking and climbing enthusiasts
- Alta Badia - the Eldorado of the via ferrata (rope-lined climbing trails)
- The Ahrntal is surrounded by imposing three-thousand-metre peaks
Whether you simply enjoy a hike through the alpine pastures or take the challenge of climbing all the way to the summit of a mountain - the choice is yours.